Temperatures in the Arizona White Mountains average 25 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than the Phoenix area. That makes Rainbow Lake Retreat the perfect getaway spot for you and your family to escape the heat of Southern Arizona in the summer or go sledding in the winter.
No matter what season it is, the Pinetop-Lakeside area is the ideal base for everything from hunting, fishing and hiking in the spring and summer to tubing, skiing, and snowboarding is the winter. Take a look at some of the things you can do and see when you and your family stay at Rainbow Lake Retreat:
- Our Lake: Rainbow Lake is great for boating and fishing. Plus Rainbow Lake Retreat is one of only a few lakefront cabin rentals that don’t have any home’s across the lake to block views of the forest and wildlife.
- Food and Dining: Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ has plenty of places to eat whether you’re looking for a meal with the kids, or a romantic dinner together without them.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Sunrise Ski Resort is less than a 45-minute drive from the cabin so it’s the perfect rental for you and your family if you’re into winter sports.
- Fishing: With over 20 lakes nearby in addition to Rainbow lake, all stocked with premium fish, Rainbow Lake Retreat is the perfect spot to potentially catch a fish or two.
- Lake Activities: There are so many lakes in the Pinetop-Lakeside area to explore. You can boat, swim, fish, hunt, go horseback riding, hike, or just relax on the shore.
- Wildlife: From large mammals like bears and elk to an endless variety of birds, including waterfowl and eagles, your kids will never be bored.
- Off-Roading: The White Mountains has a vast number of trails great for ATV’s (All Terrain Vehicles) and UTV’s (Utility Terrain Vehicles).
- Movies: White Mountain Entertainment has an 8 screen movie theater in Pinetop-Lakeside and the nearby town of Show Low also has a WME cinema. Plus The White Mountains were one of the locations for 2015’s film, The Revenant.
It doesn’t matter if your family likes an action-packed vacation getaway or if they prefer a secluded and quiet escape for some fishing or just hanging out by Rainbow Lake, there’s something for everyone in the Lakeside, Rainbow Lake, and Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ area. Contact us now!